You may have many questions about Listing your Twin Cities NW Metro Home, and we are here to help! Myra Jensen at BRIX Real Estate will meet with you to let you know exactly what to do to get your home ready to sell, discuss market value and potential net proceeds, and your custom marketing plan to get your home in front of as many buyers online as possible! If you would like to set up your free in home marketing, pricing and staging consultation, scroll down to contact us.
Steps to Listing Your NW Metro Home
- Decide to Sell. Selling your home is a big decision, it is important to be committed to the process because selling your home and moving is not easy.
- Determine how much you owe. If you have a mortgage on the home, call your mortgage company and ask for your Payoff amount. This will change slightly before closing, but will be close enough to determine a possible net after costs.
- Hire a real estate agent. It is important to have an agent guiding you early in the process. Find an agent that you are comfortable with, that will be honest with you, and has a solid marketing plan that will put your home in front of as many buyers as possible. There will be paperwork to sign to hire your agent.
- Determine a listing price and possible net proceeds. Your agent will show you similar homes that have sold and give you a range of pricing that your home should sell within. No agent can predict the exact amount your home will sell for, the market determines this. Your agent will provide a “net sheet” with costs of sale and expected proceeds.
- Get your House Ready to Sell. Your agent should give you direction on repairs that should be made, updates that will pay off in the sale, and tell you how to stage your home to sell, or direct you to a professional home stager. This step could take some time, that is why it is important to speak to an agent early on in the process.
- Schedule Photos. Make sure your agent takes great photos or hires a professional photographer to take the photos.
- Start Marketing Plan. A great agent will have your marketing plan and strategy ready before the home goes live on the MLS.
- Home is on the market. Your home will be live on the multiple listing service (MLS) and will be syndicated to multiple real estate websites online. Be ready to allow showings!
Ready to meet to discuss listing your NW Metro home? Contact us below and we will reach out to you, or call Myra at 763-227-0618